Welcome to The Beat by Pulse! The Beat is an interactive education series geared towards entrepreneurs and marketers. You can gain exclusive insights on the latest marketing strategies and tech platforms to propel your brand’s growth.
Our goal is to help you find inspiration for your brand’s next bold step.
Our second episode in the series is Keeping Up with TikTok!
Tiktok has been rapidly taking over the social space and has become a cultural phenomenon that has enthralled many of us especially within the past year.
For many brands, Tiktok can be an enigma. With the guidance of Youme Lin, who has been a lifelong influencer and is head of social strategy at Pulse, we learn how a brand can build their presence on Tiktok.
You can watch the full webinar here!
Question 1: How do brands set up a profile on Tiktok?
It’s simple! Fill out your brand’s information like any other platform. Include a link to your website so people know where to learn more. Make sure to add a brand tagline that is captivating and fun! Use branded emojis :P
Question 2: Who’s using Tiktok?
Mostly Gen Z! Over 60% of teenagers to early 20 year olds. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the lock down, the audience continued to grow to a broader age range. In less than 18 months, the number of adult users grew 5.5 times.
Question 3: How do I get my brand started on TikTok?
The TikTok audience wants to learn while being entertained! Share your brand’s knowledge and mission. Start with what you already know. Share your knowledge about the product / service you're offering. You're already an expert. You don’t need expensive gadgets or editing softwares to join.
Question 4: Give guidelines for creating videos on TikTok.
- Keep it short - stick with a single topic
- Use the TikTok features to your advantage
- Be real, be authentic
Question 5: What are some of Tiktok’s features?
TikTok is a one stop shop! It has everything on the app!
- 3D Effects / filter
- TikTok Duet/ Reaction
- Record/create a TikTok Vlog or Voiceover
Question 6: How do brands capitalize on trends?
Be timely about jumping on a trend but don’t forget to add your own spin to it. A tip for creating an original trend that can lead to great exposure is to keep it easy to recreate and include a factor that would cause people to want to re-share.
Question 7: What goes into producing content for Tiktok?
To start off with - you need strong brand content pillars. What is important to you and your brand? What are you trying to communicate to your audience? Once these principles are established - build a detailed calendar that is realistic to execute and then create content accordingly.
- Ideation | Content Planning
- Market Research
- Caption generation
Question 8: Give us 3 success measures on Tiktok?
- Brand awareness - what videos are going viral and what topics get the most exposure. Tied to views, reach and virality.
- Engagement - how many likes, comments, and shares are you getting on average
- Conversion - what video/posts get your audience to come to the site and convert (website clicks, referrals etc).
Question 9: Give us some DOs and DON’Ts?
- Spend time on the app. Study what is already out there! Check other users.
- Be a storyteller and show off your brand’s personality. Remember! Tiktok can help you build your credibility.
- Let your personality shine and don’t be shy about adding your own spin/input
- Don’t overthink - be fun and creative! It’s a space where people are not looking for perfection but realness/authenticity.
- Don’t make ads, make connections. Try not to hard sell your product. It can be a turn off.
- Don’t drag out the video. TikTok is all about fun, snappy videos that’s easy to digest.
Question 10: Is Tiktok the future for brands?
YES! Tiktok is just getting started and it’s very promising based on statistics as well. Brands have a huge opportunity to grow with this platform that has over 1 billion active users. Jump on Tiktok now!
Question 11: Youme’s favorite trends right now!
Tell me something without telling me
Do you need help with your brand’s Instagram and Tiktok? Pulse offers support around social media strategy and execution. Our team can help brands do content ideation, calendar planning, design, copy, and implementation. If you’re curious about our work, go to wearepulse.com or book a 15 min consultation here.
You can watch the full webinar here!
Shipping 101: Get Back to Basics
Learn best practices to maximize your brand’s shipping process with ShipStation. Watch the full webinar.Read More
Drive Revenue Growth Through SMS Marketing
Learn industry tips and best practices for SMS marketing to help your e-commerce business with Attentive. Watch the full webinarRead More